On this episode Jamie Cavanaugh joins Sean and KT to talk about how Loan Officers cannot let the refi boom make them lose their focus on business building activities. Jamie talks about the importance of having a process so that sales activities are the only thing loan officers are doing every day.
“If you want to survive in this business you have to focus on the long game.”– Jamie Cavanaugh
Resources Take your mortgage business to the next level. Visit nextlevello.com for more information. Click here to schedule your free no-obligation Next Level Coaching Call: https://nl.nextlevello.com/schedule
What We Learned From This Episode
- MLOs cannot lose focus on business building activities.
- Refis are good business, but focusing on your long-term purchase business is key.
- If you let your marketing suffer you are letting your business suffer.
- Great opportunity to grab marketshare as other MLOs lose focus.
- Giving value to your agent network without asking for anything in return is an easy way to win relationships and business.
- Understand the difference between sales activities and ops activities.
Quotes from the episode:
“We are working in a very reactive environment right now.”
“The best thing you can do right now is to give value without an ask.”
“Sales activities are the highest and best use of a Loan Officers time.”
“The $400 an hour sales activities need to be left to the sales folks and let the ops folks do their thing.”
- Next Level Loan Officers – https://nl.nextlevello.com/top-producer-huddle
- Loan Officer Events – loanofficerevents.com
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelLoanOfficers/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwSyHzkvBri1YWJSH7df1CQ
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/next-level-loan-officers/about/
- Jamie Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/jamie.king.143
Text the word: nextlevel to 36260 to download our app